Our Artistic Director – Julia Rose
With over 20 years industry experience, Julia Rose is a celebrated floral artist with an international reputation for her sumptuous organic and naturally eclectic designs.
“My creative style is free, wild, natural, raw, luxurious, indulgent, and over the top, with a beautiful sense of eccentricity.”
Julia has built her reputation on her jaw-dropping designs and her dedication to perfection.
She has represented Australia internationally and, in print, has been featured as an artist in over 80 countries.
“My love of flowers stems from spending hours amongst the blooms and herbs in my grandmother’s garden as a little girl. Playing inside cavernous branches of the magnificent hydrangea, picking one of my Grandfather’s prized roses to carry around with me all day to enjoy its sweet perfume…relocating snails out of the garden and worms into the garden…”
Julia demonstrates at prestigious events, teaches, and mentors in Australia and internationally. She works within the flower, event, and photography industries. Julia’s work has been featured on TV, in film and in popular media campaigns worldwide. Her whimsical creations attract admiration across the globe.
- Designing for the Royal Chelsea Flower Show 2021. Presenting on stage at RHS Chelsea 2021.
- Appointed Creative Director and Arts Curator for the Main Beach Spring Flower Festival
- Conducted Demonstrations + Workshops throughout Australia, Japan, Indonesia, USA.
- Created Fresh floral fashion pieces on roaming Models for VIP Parties & celebrity events
- Main Stage demonstration at Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show
- Designed promotional imagery for the Australian Flower Festival 2017 & World Flower Summit 2018
- Media installs and drives for Botanical Bazaar – Gold Coast Garden Expo and the Ekka
- Royal Brisbane Show 2017-18.
- Judge in the National ‘Rockstar’ Florist Competition, receiving over 2500 entries throughout Aus. Prize was to spend a day with Julia Rose and create an Avant-Garde piece.
- Designs featured in worldwide campaigns, as well as national and international fashion magazines. Julia has designed countless cover images for print and online publications.
- Known for creating branding images for Growers and internationally recognised brands; including billboards and large-scale media campaigns, social media and red-carpet events.
- Floral Demonstrator representing brands nationally and internationally.
- Featured on ABC, Nine & 10 news, Fashion TV with fresh floral headpieces & runway
- Curator for the Brisbane Arcade’s inaugural Spring Flower Show.
- Floral Design for a Channel 7 (West Media) Wedding series. Plus, feature designs for International Television shows with 10 (Granada) and 9 (Bauer).
- Created an avant-garde floral gown for the QT Gold Coast Fashion week and awards.
- Opened Sunshine Coast Fashion Week and International Fashion Week with three
“floral gown” creations
- Mentored and created large wearable pieces for CIAF in 2016.
- Designed a floral gown for the red carpet at the Film and TV awards.
- Selected by VIP’s, celebrities and corporates to design gowns, installations, archways, media walls and wedding flowers for high profile events.
- Writer for the Australian Floral Industry Magazine, several Queensland wedding magazines and Tesselaars.